Sunday, February 11, 2007

"Formal" Events

A slight peeve of mine is when I see so called "formal" events on TV, and no one is wearing gloves. Movies seem to be really bad about this. Guys dressed to the nines, tuxes and tails, and women in just dresses. I'd like to see more gloved women.

I guess gloves aren't in vogue any more so the movies tend to portray current styles. But it's disappointing, gloves are so elegant, and feminine, and not to mention sexy.

Retro movies are only the ones that seem to go glove crazy.

Maybe we can start a grassroots movement to encourage women to start wearing gloves again ;)...

1 Comments:

Blogger Xavier O. said...

I have exactly the same opinion as you when it comes to so called formal gloves. It's a real pity that nowadays very few women wear such nice, lovely, sexy gloves... :(

If I were a law-maker I would state in a law that all women should wear long gloves! ;)

I also wanted to encourage you and tell you that you must not dispair!!! every single person who loves this kind of gloves is important and can be useful to spread the love for gloves, so as to revive this fashion item and make it again fashionable!

I'm ready to bet that there are more people than we imagine that love long gloves. But they just won't show or tell it because gloves seem to be old-fashioned.

But cheer up, they seem to come back in the mode world!

So maybe that in a few years, we'll see many more women wearing long gloves....hmmmm I can't wait to see it become reality!

Keep up the good work!

A fan of gloves

December 29, 2007 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home