Sunday, February 4, 2007

Glove Etiquette

Doing some research on gloves, I found a discrepancy, in "etiquette." This really only applies to weddings, but I've seen two different stances on whether it's appropriate to wear gloves in the receiving line or not.

I would think that wearing gloves should be an "often as possible" kind of thing. Gloves are not only fashion, but protect the hand, as well as cover it up. Would be a shame to have not done your nails and then take your gloves off for the receiving line where everyone gets to see your hand. Plus wouldn't it be nice to give all the gloves fans a nice tease by keeping them on. :)

Anyone have an opinion on this subject?

2 Comments:

Blogger Xavier O. said...

Of course, gloves should be worn as often as possible!

I've read several times in texts about the etiquette that the gloves should be kept during the whole duration of the "event", execpt when the "gloves wearer" is eating. For the rest of the time, the gloves should stay on. This is to avoid that, for instance, the person would have to "de-glove" her hand every time she shakes hands; it wouldn't be practical and it could make the other person uncomfortable.

I had once the luck to dance with a girl wearing satin gloves. What a pleasant experience! The mere thought of me holding this gloved hand in my "nude" hand brings me to heaven...I'd love to have this experience once again...

December 29, 2007 at 10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article as for me. It would be great to read more about this topic. Thanx for posting that information.
Joan Stepsen
Cool geeks

January 16, 2010 at 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home