Friday, February 1, 2008

Prom

It's getting near prom season, April and May seem to be the big dates for proms, at least around here. Websites start having specials, and start showcasing there dresses, it's a great time of year for those of us interested in women's fashion. I look at it from a photographers prospective as well. It lets me see where the styles are going, what major trends there are, and I also look at the images to see how dress makers like to showcase their dresses.

The other thing I like about prom season is all the femminity in the air. Where for at least one night, in high school, women can be ladies and men can be gentlemen. Women shed the jeans and put on a dress, and the men shed the cargo pants, and put on a tux. It really is sad that dressing up seems to be limited to special occasions, work, and church. But I've been down that road before. ;)

Now I know prom can be a "questionable" age, 16-18 is probably the range of most prom goers, so it can be sticky looking at it from this perspective, but I'm more interested in the fashion and the clothes than I am about who's wearing them. That being said, I'll do my best to make sure anyone featured here is at least 18.

If anyone finds any interesting dress/glove combos, please provide a link to the site. I don't "steal" peoples images, so I won't host anything that I didn't create, or have gotten permission to host.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home